The mission of Darien Senior Programs is to nurture physical, intellectual, and social well-being of the senior community 55 or older, by providing a comprehensive and coordinated system of service, programs, and activities. We will enhance individuals' lives, promote well-being, dignity, and independence throughout the aging process. We will ensure members are integrated into the community by collaborating with other agencies and organizations that provide support programs and social services to seniors, thereby, enhancing independence and a wholesome lifestyle for seniors in Darien.
Darien Senior Programs offers the following programs:
- Education classes: Spanish, Italian, French, and technology
- Clubs: knitting club and book group
- Art classes: acrylic, watercolor, stain glass, and crafts
- Exercise classes: yoga, tai-chi, aerobics, cardio drumming, ballet, and dance
- Games: bingo, chess, mahjong, cribbage, and brain teasers
- Services: Care Giver Support Group and appointments with Darien Human Services social workers
- Health and Wellness: bimonthly blood pressure and health checks
- Monthly entertainment, historical lectures, health lectures, and cultural events
- Much more!
Volunteers are needed to:
- Serve lunch daily or during entertainment days
- Greet and take attendance at the Reception Desk
- Assist in data entry
- Teach a class or lecture in an area of special interest
- Please visit Darien Senior Programs in person to join
- Tours are by appointment only
- Nonresidents pay an annual membership fee of $25 in July
- Annually in July, both Darien resident members and nonresident members renew their contact information
Chef Judi is cooking delicious and nutritious lunches daily at the Mather Center for our Center Members! Cafe lunch opens at 11:45 and lunch is promptly served at noon.
We ask that you please make reservations for the week ahead by calling Darien Senior Programs Monday through Wednesday between 8:30 to 11:30.
Cost: $5 per meal - exact cash or check only (checks made out to DSP or Darien Senior Programs). No advance payment, please.