View the Town of Darien Land Records page.
View the Obtaining a Marriage License page.
The Town Clerk keeps and preserves town records and documents.
Town Clerk Fees
View the Fee Schedule Effective July 1, 2022
- All checks (including business and personal) should be made payable to Town of Darien. Personal checks are acceptable for certified copies of birth, marriage and death certificates.
- All completed forms/requests should be mailed to the Town Clerk's Office.
Records Kept in the Town Clerk's Office
View the Unlawful Restrictive Covenants page.
- Completed forms should be mailed to the Town Clerk office.
- Be sure to include appropriate identification and payment.
- All checks (including business and personal) should be made payable to: Town of Darien.
- Personal checks are acceptable.
- Cash is also acceptable in person.
List of Certificates & Permits
- Birth Certificates Request (PDF)
- Marriage Certificates Request (PDF)
- Civil Union Request (PDF)
- Death Certificates Request (PDF)
- Burial permits
- Disinterment permits
- Cremation certificates
- Military Discharge (DD214)
Agendas and Minutes of RTM and RTM Committees.
Services Performed in the Town Clerk's Office
- Recording of Deeds and Survey Maps on Land Records
- Copies or Certified Copies of Land Records and Maps
- Marriage Licenses
- Dog Licenses - How to Licence/Dog Licensing Facts page
- Notary Public Services page
Hunting and Fishing Licenses
- For additional information, visit CT Dept of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP).
- To buy licenses and permits visit the CT DEEP Online Sportsmen Licensing site.
- State of CT - Department of Public Health Brochures
A duplicate copy of liquor permits granted or renewed by the Department of Consumer Protection must be filed by the permittee with the Town Clerk of the town where the place of business described in the permit is situated. The fee for such filing is $20 (cash or check). The original certificate with Town Clerk stamp must by displayed at the place of business in a place visible to the public.
View the Applying for an Absentee Ballot page.
- Birth Certificate Request (PDF)
- Civil Union Certificate Request (PDF)
- Control of Dogs in Public Places (PDF)
- Darien Affidavit Restrictive Covenant (PDF)
- Darien Unlawful Restrictive Covenant Form (PDF)
- Death Certificate Request (PDF)
- Dog License Application (PDF)
- Marriage Certificate Request (PDF)
- Marriage License Sample (PDF)
- Marriage License Worksheet (PDF)
- OP236 Conveyance Tax Return (PDF)
- OP-236 Conveyance Tax Return back (PDF)
- OP236ScheduleA (PDF)
- OP236ScheduleB (PDF)
- State of CT Mail-In Voter Registration Form (PDF)