Planning & Zoning
All applications are to be submitted electronically via our online permitting system, ViewPoint.
This includes all Zoning/Building Permits and all Land Use Board Applications.
Please note application fees have changed effective June 11, 2023
For a step-by-step informational guide, select one of the following:
To Apply Online visit ViewPoint Online Permitting System.
About the Department
The Planning and Zoning Department serves four separate yet interrelated land use boards and commissions: the Planning and Zoning Commission, the Zoning Board of Appeals, the Environmental Protection Commission and the Architectural Review Board.
Proposal to Amend the Darien Zoning Regulations Appendix B - Land Use Application Fees: Memo to RTM (PDF)
- Census Bureau FAQ Memo regarding county equivalency status for CT Planning Regions: FAQ Memo (December 2020) (PDF)
- Information regarding the Darien Scouts Tag Sale Implementation: 2019 Darien Scouts Tag Sale Implementation Report (PDF)
- Information regarding the Darien High School Lights: Agreement Regarding Conditions of Approval-Agreement with Neighbors dated November 29, 2016 (PDF). (8 pages)
- Signed agreement between the Board of Education and neighbors regarding proposed use of the permanent lights: Information put forth by the Board of Education as part of their application materials in October 2016 (PDF).
- Note that the Appendix on pages 12-14 of that document outline the Proposed Conditions put forth by the Board of Education: Planning and Zoning Commission approval-for a change in the zoning regulations and a Special Permit/site plan for the lights in January 2017 (PDF); The specific conditions of approval run from pages 7-11 of this document.
- Town of Darien Multi-Family and Affordable Housing Inventory: March 3, 2020 Press Release (PDF)
Town of Darien Deed Restricted Affordable Housing and Public Transportation Map: Affordable Housing Map (PDF)