2022 Building Code
Darien uses the CT State Building Code
The 2022 Connecticut State Building Code is effective as of October 1, 2022; for a list of the model codes and state amendments thereto please see the following link: 2022 CT State Building Code or visit the state of CT website for more information.
Where to Obtain the 2022 State Building Code
The Office of the State Building Inspector announces adoption of the 2022 State Building Code with an effective date of October 1, 2022.
The documents that comprise the 2022 State Building Code are as follows:
- 2021 International Building Code
- 2021 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- 2017 ICC/ANSI A117.1 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
- 2021 International Existing Building Code
- 2021 International Plumbing Code
- 2021 International Mechanical Code
- 2021 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2020 NFPA 70, National Electrical Code, of the National Fire Protection Association Inc.
- 2021 International Residential Code
The International Code Council has agreed to publish Connecticut Specific Editions of the 2000 International Building and Residential Codes that incorporate the language of the Connecticut Supplement into the base document. This eliminates the need for concurrent use of the Connecticut Supplement for these two codes.
4051 West Flossmoor Road
Country Club Hills, IL 60478-5795
The following organization also sells code books to members and non-members:
370 James Street, Suite 402
New Haven, CT 06513