Darien Youth Commission ~ 203-656-7326
M, - Th: 8:00 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.; TOWN HALL IS CLOSED ON FRIDAY
For the public's convenience, there is a "drop-box" in the lobby of the gymnasium for those individuals who are uncomfortable with public access.
SUMMER CAMP 2021 HAS ENDED...CHECK BACK IN JANUARY 2022 FOR INFO ABOUT THE DYC'S 2022 SUMMER CAMP PROGRAM.
PLEASE JOIN US AT HIGHLAND FARMS ON 10/01 (SUNDOWN) FOR THE FOLLOWING:
PLEASE NOTE NEW DATE!
When: Friday, October 1st at dusk (showtime @ 6:45 p.m.)
Where: Highland Farm (560 Middlesex Rd.)
How: No pre-registration required! Just show up!
Fee: No cost to attend!
Seating: Movie will be shown "picnic style" Families are encouraged to bring their own chairs, blankets, food & beverage, etc. (please note: carry-in/carry-out!)
Concessions: Limited pre-packaged concessions will be offered for purchase onsite. Families are welcome to bring their own snacks and drinks!
This event is sponsored by the Darien Youth Commission, Darien Parks & Recreation and the Darien Arts Center.
6TH GRADE TOPS
BOWLING PARTY @ BOWLMOR LANES
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 1 -- 3:30 - 5:00 P.M.
$25 PER PERSON (Includes shoes, unlimited bowling, refreshments & $ 7 arcade card)
All attendees must be registered TOPS members to attend this -- and ALL -- TOPS events. Online registration link is located below...otherwise, download appropriate grade-level registration form, thoroughly complete and return to the DYC office (Town Hall, 2 Renshaw Rd.) by 9/30/21.
AND DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THE SIGN-UP GENIUS LINK BELOW TO VOLUNTEER...WE CANNOT HOST THESE EVENTS WITHOUT PARENT SUPPORT!
The Teen Options Program (TOPS) is sponsored by the Darien Youth Commission. It is endorsed by MMS and made possible through the generous involvement of parent volunteers. TOPS is committed to offering affordable, safe, fun, drug and alcohol-free activities for Darien students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grades (public, private and home-schooled students).
MEMBERSHIP IN THE TOPS PROGRAM IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND ANY TOPS EVENT!
REGISTRATION OPENS MONDAY, AUGUST 23, 2021!
The TOPS schedule has been created for our incoming 6th, 7th & 8th graders! We appreciate everyone's flexibility as guidelines surrounding COVID-19 seem to be changing on a weekly basis which may or may not impact our ability to offer all the events we are planning. As a result, we are only offering pay-per-event membership option for all TOPS memberships. There is a cost to attend each TOPS event. Additionally, we will be following the Darien Public Schools' and/or Darien Health Department's guidelines on masking.
PARENT VOLUNTEERS: As a reminder, the TOPS program is 99% reliant on parent involvement and support. We would not be able to provide these fun activities for your children without parent help. Please check-out different volunteer opportunities with our grade-level sign up genius links:
SPECIAL FAMILY, YOUTH & COMMUNITY EVENTS
- TILLEY POND MODEL BOAT REGATTA -- typically first Saturday in May...stay tuned for 2022.
- ANNUAL FAMILY CONCERT SERIES -- Typically every Wednesday in June @ 6:30 p.m. @ Weed Beach, this is a terrific way to enjoy family-friendly entertainment at one of Darien's greatest resources. (There is a per person/vehicle cost per concert , payable at the beach entrance...beach stickers are not required to attend these events.)
- COMMUNITY MOVIE @ WEED BEACH Co-sponsored by the Darien Parks & Recreation and the Darien Youth Commission, movies at the beach take place the last Friday in June and the Friday of Labor Day weekend. Start-time at dusk (varies based on time of year). ALWAYS free admission
- ANNUAL FAMILY DAY DINNER @ THE DARIEN YMCA Annual dinner sponsored by the Darien YMCA, the Thriving Youth Task Force, Darien's prevention council (and a subcommittee of the Community Fund of Darien) & the Darien Youth Commission, this free, fun-filled family event promotes the concept that families who regularly dine together minimize future risk factors. Modeled after CASA's Family Day, this is a great opportunity for families to engage with one another in conversation, fun and relaxation. Typically takes place 3rd or 4th Friday in September.
- COMMUNITY FESTIVAL OF ARTS & SCIENCES -- FESTIVAL OF ARTS & SCIENCES...STAY TUNED FOR 2022
- Darien's Thriving Youth Task Force -- Involving all sectors of the community, Thriving Youth is Darien’s coalition of concerned youth, community and civic organizations, businesses and individuals working together to provide meaningful relationships, experiences, skills and opportunities to benefit all our children. (For additional information on Darien's prevention council, visit the Community Fund of Darien's Thriving Youth Task Force website.)
SUMMER CAMP 2022 REGISTRATION BEGINS FEBRUARY 2022.
MIDDLE SCHOOL SUMMER ACTIVITY PROGRAM 2022 REGISTRATION BEGINS MARCH 2022.
SUMMER CAMP EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
(THE DETAILS INCLUDED IN THE FAQ & JOB DESCRIPTION ARE RELEVANT TO THE 2021 SEASON AND WILL BE UPDATED FOR 2022 SEASON IN JANUARY 2022)
For candidates interested in an opportunity to work as a Summer Camp Counselor, below please find FAQ, Job Description & Counselor Application. Kindly review the first two documents. If all criteria provided there is met, download job application, thoroughly complete and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. PARENT INVOLVEMENT IN THIS PROCESS IS STRONGLY DISCOURAGED.