Darien Youth Commission
Youth Commission Office, Room 110
Town Hall, 2 Renshaw Road
203 656-7326 phone; 203 656-7388 alt. phone; 203 656-7393 fax
Open Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm, closed Holidays
- Alicia Sillars
- Joan Cavett -- Program Secretary
- Linda Hannett -- Program Secretary
Click here for a copy of the Darien Youth Commission Mission Statement
Click here for a copy of the current Youth Commission Board Members
Monday, December 1 -- COMMUNITY MOVIE BENEFITTING THE HUMAN SERVICES HOLIDAY GIFT DRIVE
PENGUINS OF MADAGASCAR -- DARIEN PLAYHOUSE
This movie is premiering in theaters on Wednesday, November 26...please consider waiting and bringing the whole family to this event on the 1st!
- Free tickets available at the Darien Youth Commission office (Town Hall, Room 110) on 12/01 between 8:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. (Based on availability, tickets may be available at the theater. Call 203-656-7388 after 2:00 p.m. to confirm ticket availability.)
- Doors open @ 3:45 p.m.; show-time is 4:15 p.m.
- In lieu of payment, each movie-goer is asked to bring a donation and ticket to the theater
- Click here for gift suggestions (and other ways you can benefit the Darien Human Services Department). All gifts should be new, unwrapped and have a minimum $10 value
- All children must be accompanied by and adult (at least one adult per four children)
- Each movie-goer (adults and children alike) is asked to bring a ticket and gift
This event is sponsored by the Darien Playhouse, the Darien Youth Commission, Darien Human Services, the Selectmen's Office and the Helping Hand Club
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS OF THE 17TH ANNUAL HALLOWEEN WINDOW PAINTING CONTEST! CLICK HERE FOR ALL HONORS! Congratulations to Jana Powers, 1st Place Winner @ Glen Liquors.
TOPS REGISTRATION BEGAN MONDAY, AUGUST 11. PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU WANT YOUR CHILD TO ATTEND ANY TOPS EVENT, YOU MUST REGISTER HIM/HER WITH THE TOPS PROGRAM EVERY YEAR.
What is TOPS? The Teen Options Program (TOPS) is sponsored by the Darien Youth Commission, endorsed by MMS & made possible through the generous involvement of the TOPS Board and many other parent volunteers. TOPS is committed to offer affordable, safe, fun and drug & alcohol-free activities for Darien students in grades 6, 7 & 8 (both public & private school students). There is a charge for each TOPS event.
RULES & REGULATIONS – Click here for additional information regarding Membership and Rules & Regulations.
DATES & FEES – Click here for program dates and fees for all three TOPS programs.
ON-LINE REGISTRATION – On-line registration for both advance-pay memberships (Visa/MasterCard) and pay-per-event membership is available for your convenience. To register, you will need a Family Pin Number & a Client Barcode Number. If you need this information, please call 203-656-7388 during normal business hours. (If no one is available, your call will be returned the next business day.) Click here for on-line option.
PAPER REGISTRATION – For those preferring not to register on-line, simply click on the appropriate grade listed below to download a TOPS membership form. Completed pay-per-event membership forms may be returned to MMS (please do not send advance payment membership forms to MMS). Forms may be returned to the Darien Youth Commission in Town Hall as well.
6TH GRADE TOPS REGISTRATION
7TH GRADE TOPS REGISTRATION
8TH GRADE TOPS REGISTRATION
Youth Commission monthly minutes & agendas posted here.
CLICK HERE FOR "WHAT'S UP FOR KIDS" MONTHLY CALENDAR