Darien Youth Commission
Youth Commission Office, Room 110
Town Hall, 2 Renshaw Road
203 656-7326 phone; 203 656-7388 alt. phone; 203 656-7393 fax
Open Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm, closed Holidays
- Alicia Sillars
- Joan Cavett -- Program Secretary
- Linda Hannett -- Program Secretary
Click here for a copy of the Darien Youth Commission Mission Statement
Click here for a copy of the current Youth Commission Board Members
- 7th & 8th Grade FUN @ CHELSEA PIERS -- FRIDAY, MARCH 6 -- 7:30 - 9:00 p.m. Attendees can choose from Activity Center (trampoline area, rock wall, batting games & mini field) or take part in fun activities on the fields and/or basketball courts. Open to TOPS members only ($20 for pay-per-event members; free for already paid), all games & TOPS refreshments included in this fee. ALL STUDENTS (EVEN THOSE WHO ARE CURRENTLY MEMBERS @ CHELSEA PIERS) ATTENDING THIS EVENT MUST BRING WITH THEM A CHELSEA PIERS PARTICIPANT WAIVER, RELEASE & INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, COMPLETED & SIGNED BY PARENT/GUARDIAN. NO STUDENT WILL BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE WITHOUT PROVIDING SAID AGREEMENT. CLICK HERE FOR WAIVER.
ANNOUNCING PLANS FOR THE ANNUAL COMMUNITY FESTIVAL OF ARTS: A DAY TO CREATE! Saturday, March 7, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. This afternoon of free, hands-on-arts for the kids includes face painting, animals, crafts, performances and more.
For those looking to make a day of the fun, The Magic of Christopher will be performing in the Town Hall auditorium prior to the Arts Festival. Starting @ 12:15 p.m., the cost is $4 per person and is perfect fun for audiences of all ages.
Click here for more detailed information about the Youth Commission activities being sponsored on March 7!
SCHOOL SUMMER ACTIVITY PROGRAM (MSSAP) registration begins Monday, March 9.
Affectionately dubbed "Camp Menace," this program runs Monday's -
Thursday's, June 22 – July 30. Students may sign up for a week at a time
or for all 6 weeks. The fee is $85 per week; $475 for all 6 weeks.
(There is a charge for some field trips which must be paid on the day of the
trip.) Click here to view the 2014 MSSAP calendar to better understand
the program activities.
Click here to
download MSSAP registration forms. Click here for online registration (begins
8:30 a.m. Monday, March 9).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ SUMMER CAMP 2015 INFORMATION -- PLEASE NOTE: REGISTRATION BEGINS MONDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2015
* Click here for FAQ regarding summer camp registration & program information
* Click here for Summer Camp Registration instructions
* Click here for Summer Camp Registration forms
* Click here for online registration. (Family Pin # & Client Barcode #s are needed to complete this process. Phone 203-656-7388 during normal business hours if these #'s are needed.
* Click here for FAQ regarding summer camp employment (For those who meet the criteria, the DYC will start accepting applications for Summer Camp Counselor positions 2/9/15)
* Click here for Summer Camp Counselor Job Description
* Click here for Summer Camp Counselor Application
SATURDAY, JANUARY 31ST, 2015 WE DID IT!!! THE LARGEST ARMS-LINKED TOAST! FOLKS FROM THE TOWN OF DARIEN AND FRIENDS & FAMILY NEAR AND FAR SET A NEW WORLD RECORD...558 STRONG! THANKS TO ALL WHO SUPPORTED OUR EFFORT, WHETHER FINANCIALLY (Baywater Properties, Ring's End, Jeff Scalise Building Contractor Inc., Poland Spring Water, Darien Sport Shop, Palmer's Market, Ivanhoe Lodge, Nielsen's, First County Bank, David M. Osherow, DDS Orthodontics, Merrill Lynch, Floor Covering Warehouse), IN SPIRIT OR IN PERSON, WHAT A FUN WAY TO CELEBRATE THE GREAT TOWN OF DARIEN. (Thanks to those who supported our partnership w/Person-to-Person's Stuff-a-truck campaign...560 lbs of food -- an average of one pound per person -- was received!) FINALLY, THANKS TO THE MANY VOLUNTEERS WHO ACTED AS "STEWARDS" WHO HELPED WITH THE VERIFICATION PROCESS. CHEERS!!
TOPS REGISTRATION BEGAN MONDAY, AUGUST 11. PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU WANT YOUR CHILD TO ATTEND ANY TOPS EVENT, YOU MUST REGISTER HIM/HER WITH THE TOPS PROGRAM EVERY YEAR.
What is TOPS? The Teen Options Program (TOPS) is sponsored by the Darien Youth Commission, endorsed by MMS & made possible through the generous involvement of the TOPS Board and many other parent volunteers. TOPS is committed to offer affordable, safe, fun and drug & alcohol-free activities for Darien students in grades 6, 7 & 8 (both public & private school students). There is a charge for each TOPS event.
RULES & REGULATIONS – Click here for additional information regarding Membership and Rules & Regulations.
DATES & FEES – Click here for program dates and fees for all three TOPS programs.
ON-LINE REGISTRATION – On-line registration for both advance-pay memberships (Visa/MasterCard) and pay-per-event membership is available for your convenience. To register, you will need a Family Pin Number & a Client Barcode Number. If you need this information, please call 203-656-7388 during normal business hours. (If no one is available, your call will be returned the next business day.) Click here for on-line option.
PAPER REGISTRATION – For those preferring not to register on-line, simply click on the appropriate grade listed below to download a TOPS membership form. Completed pay-per-event membership forms may be returned to MMS (please do not send advance payment membership forms to MMS). Forms may be returned to the Darien Youth Commission in Town Hall as well.
6TH GRADE TOPS REGISTRATION
7TH GRADE TOPS REGISTRATION
8TH GRADE TOPS REGISTRATION
Youth Commission monthly minutes & agendas posted here.
CLICK HERE FOR "WHAT'S UP FOR KIDS" MONTHLY CALENDAR