Darien Youth Commission
There are no items to display at this time
Darien Youth Commission Mission Statement
Youth Commission Members 2016-17
2016 Meeting Schedule
Darien's Thriving Youth Task Force -- Involving all sectors of the community, Thriving Youth is Darien’s coalition of concerned youth, community and civic organizations, businesses and individuals working together to provide meaningful relationships, experiences, skills and opportunities to benefit all our children. (For additional information, visit the Community Fund of Darien's Thriving Youth Task Force website.)
TOPS The Teen Options Program (TOPS is sponsored by the Darien Youth Commission. It is endorsed by MMS and made possible through the generous involvement of the TOPS Board and many other volunteers. TOPS is committed to offer affordable, safe, fun, drug and alcohol-free activities for Darien students in 6th, 7th or 8th Grades (both public and private school students). There is a charge for each TOPS event. Participants must be registered and can either pay at each event, or for your convenience, a pre-paid discounted option is available covering entrance to all TOPS events. Events are grade-level specific with the exception of four events which are for both 7th & 8th Grade TOPS members.
UPCOMING SPECIAL EVENTS
- ANNUAL FAMILY DAY DINNER @ THE DARIEN YMCA, FRIDAY, 9/23 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
- Sponsored by the Darien YMCA, the TYTF, the Community Fund of Darien & the Darien Youth Commission, this free, fun-filled family event promotes the concept that families who regularly dine together minimize future risk factors. The evening includes dinner, arts & crafts, gym games, swimming and more! Advance registration required. To make reservations, email: email@example.com. Indicate "Family Day Dinner" in subject line and please include # and names of attendees. Click here to download flyer for your bulletin board!
- 19TH ANNUAL HALLOWEEN WINDOW PAINTING CONTEST
- This year's event will be held on Saturday, October 22. Open to students in Grades 6 - 12, this community-wide activity has become a favorite of merchants, participants and residents alike. Registration information will be available 9/21/16.
- COMMUNITY-WIDE MOVIE TO BENEFIT DARIEN HUMAN SERVICES HOLIDAY GIFT DRIVE
- Taking place in early December (date/time & movie selection TBD), this annual event is free to movie-goers. Tickets will be available in the Darien Youth Commission office. In lieu of payment, all movie-goers are asked to bring an new, unwrapped gift to the movie theater (minimum value $15 per person) to benefit Darien Human Services Holiday Gift-Giving Program. Popular gift ideas are gift cards, relevant games, popular toys, etc. More detailed information available mid-November.