Press Release from the Darien Health Department
July 8, 2020
New Location for Darien COVID-19 Test Clinic Beginning Friday, July 10, 2020
In an effort to provide a much needed service to residents, the Town of Darien has partnered with Murphy Medical Associates of Greenwich to offer COVID-19 testing at a drive thru clinic in Darien. Over the past three months, this clinic, located at the High School, has safely tested hundreds of residents and provided critical information in understanding the extent of infection so important in these days of the coronavirus pandemic. While we have had great success with the location on High School property, the clinic needs to be relocated because expanded public use of school grounds is about to begin. The location chosen to serve as the next clinic site is the Leroy West Parking Lot located at 59 Leroy Ave. in Darien, CT.
The drive-through clinic has proven to be a good neighbor in many ways. Besides the obvious service it provides to the community, many precautions are being taken to ensure the health and safety of those utilizing the clinic and nearby residents:
- Testing is done by appointment only so there is no issue with traffic and long lines of patients.
- All persons remain in their cars while being tested.
- The clinicians conducting the tests are completely protected with personal protective equipment (PPE).
- The area is bio-secure and the area is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each day of use.
- Tests offered are PCR or nasal swabs only. Antibody tests are not being offered at this time.
- The initial clinic will be this Friday, July 10 from 9:00 am until noon and thereafter every Monday from 1:00 to 4:00 PM and Fridays from 9:00 AM to noon.
- All persons must be prescreened and have an appointment to be tested. To make an appointment for testing, please visit www.coronatestct.com.
Murphy Medical Associates is a State of Connecticut approved provider, licensed and approved by the State Department of Public Health. For more information about Murphy Medical Associates please visit www.coronatestct.com
Alternate testing locations in the area, some of which offer antibody testing, may be found at www.211ct.org/covidtesting.
If you have any questions, please contact David Knauf, Director of Health for the Town of Darien. He may be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at (203) 656-7324.