A Message From David Knauf, Director of Health
Welcome to the Darien Health Department website. It is our intention to use this space to provide you with up-to-the minute health information as well as provide conveniently available application forms for your use. Please e-mail me if you have any questions or comments. Good Health to you!
NEW! Calendar of Important Upcoming Area Events Pertaining to Health and Wellness
Mission of the Health Department is to: Prevent disease, by promoting a safe community and healthy environment to all residents and visitors, while upholding public health based regulations, which protect the quality of life.
Listing files in 'Important Documents'
Inspection Reports for Darien Restaurants and Cosmetology Salons are available HERE
Prescription Drug Abuse
- Watch Shatterproof founder Gary Mendell discuss his work to change the conversation about addiction.
- Darien is a partner in the "www.NoRxAbuse.com" campaign to raise awareness about prescription drug abuse. Click Here to learn more about the campaign and view informative videos.
- Darien, How Healthy Are We? You may visit the comprehensive three part presentation on the health status of the community, featuring experts discussing current trends:
→"Opioid Crisis" Keynote: Gary Mendell, founder of "Shatterproof", discusses the stigma associated with addiction, also results of Thriving Youth Survey.
→"Substance Abuse in Darien" - report by Darien Police Department; Keynote: Malcolm Spears, Stamford native, addiction survivor.
→"Chronic Disease and Stress" Keynote: John Hamilton discusses how stress can lead to substance abuse.
- It's Not too Late to Get Your Flu Shot! Click here for the schedule.
- FREE! Radon Test Kits are Again Available at the Darien Health Department - Test Now! Learn more HERE
Need Immunization for Travel? Click here to find out where to go
Room 109, Town Hall
2 Renshaw Road
Phone: (203) 656-7320
For an emergency after hours: 911
Fax: (203) 656-7486
Open Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., closed Holidays
David A. Knauf, MPH, MS, RS
Director of Health
Mindy Chambrelli, RS
Paula Sutliffe, MA, RN-BC, CHC
Public Health Nurse
Elaine D. Kilbourn
Office Administrator, Notary
Caleb Moore, M.D.