Darien Health Department
At this time the Health Office is available by appointment only. Please take a moment to review the website for information. If you still need assistance, we may be reached by phone or email. To schedule an appointment please call 203-656-7320.
Mission of the Health Department: Prevent disease, by promoting a safe community and healthy environment to all residents and visitors, while upholding public health based regulations, which protect the quality of life.
Quarterly Report: October 2021
Preparing For & Responding to Emergencies, such as Flooding and Extended Power Outages - info can be found here.
January is National Radon Action Month! The Health Department has distributed the first batch of free radon test kits. Hopefully a second batch will be delivered the week of January 19th. Please read the press release.
To book an appointment, please call the Health Department.
- Vaccination rates are very high - almost 99% of eligible Darien residents have been fully vaccinated.
Upcoming COVID Clinics:
State Vaccine Portal
Click here for information on submitting a tick for testing.
- Bi-Yearly Unintentional Drug Overdose Death Report: This report contains death data on unintentional drug overdoses from the CT SUDORS from 1/1-12/31/2020. Here is the data dashboard on drug overdose deaths.
- Summertime & Mosquitoes: West Nile, EEE & ZIKA
- Did you know you could get mercury poisoning from eating fish, including sushi? Click here to see how much and what types of fish you can eat safely.
- Head Lice: What Parents Need to Know / It's That Time of Year Again
- Need Immunization for Travel? Click here to find out where to go.
- CDC Health Advisories for International Travel