Environmental Protection Commission
Establishment of EPC within Town Code of Ordinances:
Sec. 22-22. - Membership.
The environmental protection commission shall consist of seven regular members who shall be electors of the town, and of the following nonvoting ex-officio members: the first selectman of the town, the superintendent of public works, and the chairman of the planning and zoning commission. An ex-officio member can be represented by a designee.
(Code 1972, § 10-2; Ord. of 5-19-1986)
Note: The next EPC meeting will be held on or after July 6, 2022 at 7PM . Meeting Agenda details will be posted here once available.
Channel 79 occasionally records public hearings; a link to those videos is here.
To contact the Environmental Protection Commission, you can send an e-mail to: DarienEPC@darienct.gov.
- Eric Joosten (R), Chairman -- Exp. 6/30/2024
- James Millard (R), Vice Chair -- Exp. 6/30/2022
- Michael Ervin (U) -- Exp.6/30/2022
- William Wright (R) -- Exp. 6/30/2021
- Peter McGuinness (U) -- Exp. 6/30/2023
- Carolyn Bayne (D) -- Exp. 6/30/2024
- Lauren Rossi (D) -- Exp. 6/30/2024
(per Section 22-22 of the Town Code of Ordinances)
- Monica McNally, First Selectman
- Edward L. Gentile, Jr., P.E., Public Works Director
- Stephen Olvany, Chairman of the Planning and Zoning Commission
Forms and Documents
We no longer use printed Environmental Protection Commission Application Forms, but rather have applications completed entirely online. Our online permitting system can be found here.
Listing files in 'Environmental Protection Commission'
Link to help you prepare a list of neighbors within 100 feet of your property: Abutter's Tool.
You should check this information with the Assessor's Office to ensure that you have the most recent and up-to-date information. The information on the web was last updated March 11, 2021 for both parcel mapping and ownership data.
This page last updated: February 8, 2022.