The Town Administrator is appointed by, and serves at the pleasure of, the Board of Selectmen. A professional public manager, the Town Administrator provides staff assistance to the Board and the First Selectman, makes policy recommendations, acts as an advisor and informational resource, carries out Board directives and policies, and coordinates the efforts of Town departments. Administrative areas of responsibility include budget development, performance measurement and evaluation, grant administration, program review, insurance administration, and purchasing.
Darien's present Town Administrator is Kathleen Clarke Buch. She has served the Town in this capacity since September 2015.
View powerpoint presentation outlining Town Budget Process here. Adobe Reader needed to view.
View the Town Administrator's Proposed FY 21 budget here. Adobe Reader needed to view.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to facilitate and improve operations through policy changes, staff coordination meetings and maintain administrative priorities.
- Provide administrative support for construction projects during all phases.
- Continue performance measurement review and analysis for all departments.
- Continue to work with State and Federal agencies to administer awarded grant funding.
- Explore appropriate grant opportunities to support capital needs or other projects.
- Provide procurement support for major capital construction projects.
- Continue to ensure competitive bidding and secure the best prices for the Town.
- Increase online access to Town services.
Town Administrator's Office, Room 202
Town Hall, 2 Renshaw Road
Phone: (203) 656-7378
Open Monday-Thurs, 8:00 a.m. - 5:15 p.m., closed Fridays & Holidays
Kathleen Clarke Buch