Real Estate/Personal Property Review and Appeal Procedure

If you feel your assessment is incorrect, you may request in writing prior to October 1st that the Assessor review your property.

If you are not satisfied with the review, you may choose to go directly to the Board of Assessment Appeals to appeal your assessment. The Board of Appeals, during the month of March, hears appeals on Grand List filed with the Town Clerk by the Assessor on the previous January 31st. An application must be filled no later than February 20th  with the Board.

Call the Assessor's office for more information. You may get an application at the Assessor's Office or by clicking on the following link:

"Application" and "Instructions"

If you are not satisfied with the determination of the Board of Assessment Appeals, you may appeal their action to Superior Court. This must be done within two months of the action of the Board. If you choose to appeal your assessment to the Superior Court directly without recourse to the Board of Assessment Appeals, you must appeal to the Superior Court within one year from the date the property was last assessed.