Recycling and Refuse Center
Documents and Applications
Listing files in 'Recycling and Refuse Center'
The residential Darien Recycling & Refuse Center Permits are available for sale, the permits expire on June 30th of each year.
Darien Recycling & Refuse Center Permit Fee Schedule:
- Residents without garbage collection: permit fee is $120.00, this entitles resident to two (2) permits, third permit is $40.00 (permits may be purchased on-line for existing customers only).
- Residents with garbage collection: permit fee $40.00, this entitles resident to two (2) permits, third permit is $40.00(permits may be purchased on-line for existing customers only).
- All seniors 65 and over (proof of age along with vehicle registration needed) are entitled to one (1) free permit per household, additional permits are $40.00 each (online purchase is not available).
- Seniors may receive one (1) free Recycling & Refuse Center Permit by mail, click here for details to apply.
- All residents in the Town Abatement Program ( must be pre-qualified with Tax Assessor's Office) are entitled to one (1) free permit per household additional permits are $40.00 each (online purchase is not available).
- There is maximum of three (3) permits allowed per household. Any lost replacement permits are $40.00 each. Permits are not pro-rated.
- *Recycling Center Permits must be affixed to the drivers side windshield to gain access into the Darien Recycling & Refuse Center or the Darien Swap Shop.
To receive a permit by mail or in person, please have the following documentation available:
If you own property in Darien but do not reside here you must prove ownership (a copy of your Darien Property Tax, Mortgage, or utility bill).
* The On-Line Darien Recycling & Refuse Permit Purchases:
Are for Existing Customers ONLY, who have purchased a Dump Sticker Permit in the past and who's vehicle is already on file with the Department of Public Works. The July 2016 to June 2017 permits are for sale, they can be renewed by mail, online or at the DPW Office. The Residential Recycling Permits expire on June 30th of each year. Please call 203-656-7346 if you have any questions or need assistance with your purchase, during regular business hours.
Commercial Dump Permits are valid from January 1st to December 31st of each year, the cost is $150.00 per year, permits are not pro-rated. To apply for a Commercial Dump Permit by mail you need to download and print the application, complete the form, include a check for the permit amount, and include a self addressed stamped envelope. Click here, to download the Commercial Dump Permit Application.
Additional Information :
For information on disposing of hazardous waste, please call the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection at 860- 566-8843.
126 Ledge Road
Phone: (203) 656-7340
Open Monday - Saturday, 7:00 a.m. - 2:45 p.m., closed Holidays