Documents and Applications
Listing files in 'Recycling and Refuse Center'
Due to COVID-19Residential Recycling Permit purchasing will be starting June 1, 2020. Click here for details. Current permits are valid until September 1, 2020.
Click HERE to purchase your residential dump stickers online.
Darien Recycling & Refuse Center Permit Fee Schedule:
- Residents without garbage collection: permit fee is $120.00, this entitles the resident to two (2) permits, a third permit is an additional $40.00 (permits may be purchased on-line for existing customers only).
- Residents with garbage collection: permit fee $40.00, this entitles the resident to two (2) permits, a third permit is an additional $40.00 (permits may be purchased on-line for existing customers only).
- All seniors 65 and over (proof of age along with vehicle registration needed) are entitled to one (1) free permit per household, additional permits are $40.00 each (online purchase is not available).
- Seniors may receive one (1) free Recycling & Refuse Center Permit by mail, click here for details to apply.
- There is maximum of three (3) permits allowed per household. Any lost replacement permits are $40.00 each. Permits are not pro-rated.
- *Recycling Center Permits must be affixed to the drivers side windshield to gain access into the Darien Recycling & Refuse Center or the Darien Swap Shop.
To receive a permit by mail please have the following documentation available:
First time permit purchasers must provide registration for each vehicle, proof of residency, and proof of garbage hauler if applicable. Registration is required for newly purchased vehicles as well.
If you own property in Darien but do not reside here, you must prove ownership (a copy of your Darien Property Tax, Mortgage, or utility bill) to obtain a permit.
If you have any questions or need assistance with your purchase, call 203-656-7346 M-TH 8:00 am- 5:15 pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Residential online purchases are for Existing Customers ONLY, who have purchased a Residential Recycling Permit in the past and who's vehicle(s) is already on file with the Department of Public Works. The Residential Recycling Permits are valid beginning July 1st and expire on June 30th of each year, permits are not pro-rated. Due to COVID-19 Residential Recycling Permit purchasing will be starting June 1, 2020. Click here for details. Current permits are valid until September 1, 2020.
Commercial Dump Permits are valid from January 1st to December 31st of each year, the cost is $150.00 per year, per vehicle, permits are not pro-rated.
Additional Information :
For information on disposing of hazardous waste, please call the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection at 860- 566-8843.
126 Ledge Road
Phone: (203) 656-7340
Open Monday - Saturday, 7:00 a.m. - 2:45 p.m., closed Holidays