Financial Transparency and Reporting
Powered by OpenGov
The Town of Darien is committed to informing and engaging our citizens and stakeholders through transparent and effective communication. The Town has partnered with OpenGov to provide a platform that allows us to share financial data in understandable reports. This platform will allow Darien taxpayers to see, real time, how their tax dollars are being invested, creating a critical accountability link.
OpenGov allows users to explore budget and historical finances in a simple graphical user interface. Users can view, filter and analyze prior year, current year-to-date and next year budget data. All charts and data can be exported and shared. Users can drill down on data by clicking on any section of a chart or graph. Navigation tips are available at the bottom of this page. A brief tutorial is also accessible from each report.
Check back often for updated information and new reports.
Click on a link to explore proposed budgets, current year budget and year-to-date activity, and major capital projects
Click here to view current and prior year budget documents
- The Report Title is shown in the top left corner. Multiple reports are available on the site.
- Each report contains multiple Views. Click on "Views" on the left-hand side to display a list of common or favorite views on each report.
- You can create your own view by using the Filters. Click on "Filters" on the left-hand side to display key menus.
- Use the Show drop-down to see the data that is of most interest to you.
- Use the Broken Down By drop-down to specify the category by which you would like to organize the data in your chart or graph.
- Select the Filtered By option to view the data filters. These filters will allow you to select exactly which data you want to include, or exclude, from you graph or chart.
- Once filtered, the data can be displayed using one of five visual representations. Select your preferred chart or graph using the buttons in the top right corner of the screen.
- The available charts and graphs are:
- Stacked line graph
- Line graph
- Pie chart
- Stacked percentage graph
- Bar chart
- Below any chart or graph, you can view a table containing the filtered data.
- Use the Share drop-down in the top right corner to;
- Share your customized graph or chart through social media.
- Send a link to your customized graph or chart through email.
- Use the Download drop-down in the top right corner to:
- Download an image of the graph or table as a .png file.
- Download a spreadsheet as a .csv file.
- Use the Help drop-down in the top right corner to:
- View a short How-To Guide with tips on navigating the platform.
- Recall the Welcome Screen.
- View a short Multi-find Accounting 101 primer with basic information on multi-fund accounting.
- Contact the administrators of the account to provide feedback and suggest additional views and reports.